Saturday, September 25, 2010

44-46th days - Lots of lab practice

I've been going to the anatomy lab a lot lately. In McMaster, we also had to go to the anatomy lab frequently in order to practice. We had bellringer exams in which a person would be situated at a station for 1 min. and will have to answer the question at that station. Then after a minute, a bell will ring that will tell the person to move to another station. In McMaster, all the bellringer exams were non-multiple choice. Thankfully, this is not the case here at SGU.

I woke up at 6:30 am on Saturday to get to the Mock (practice) bellringer at 7:40 am. There were 25 questions in the wet lab including some image-based questions like x-rays and CT. I didn't do that bad, I missed 6 and the ones I missed weren't completely wrong. My answers were right, but there were answers that were more right. The mock was actually non-multiple choice. In the real exam, I'll be able to pick out those more correct answers.

A lot of the students got scared because they've never experienced something like this. They had no idea it was going to be like that. They also never go to the lab and just study from books and lectures, so for them it was an eye-opener. Not too many people even "passed".

No comments:

Post a Comment