Tuesday, September 7, 2010

28th day - Tuesdays

Tuesdays are the worst for me. I have a 4-hour anatomy lab in the morning followed by a 1 hour break and then 4 hours of lecture. Tuesdays are not bad because of the Anatomy Lab. I love Anatomy. They are bad because I only have 1 hour in between my lectures and my lab. Normally, I pre-read 4 hours of lecture in 2 hours or more. This is difficult, but since a lot of the material I am familiar with, so it is do-able. Since I only have 1 hour though, I use that time to eat. I had 40 mins left after I ate today, in 40 mins, I finished 1/4 lectures. Then, during class, as the professor was teaching, I was also pre-reading ahead of each slide, so that when he arrived at the slide, I would know what he was talking about and know what notes to take, if any.  Most of our lecture notes already have most of the things that the prof. says, but since students have not seen the notes ahead, they end up writing down much more than needed.

Honestly, I feel also very tired on Tuesdays, so I was almost falling asleep during that first lecture. In the 2nd lecture, the dean came to teach, so I forced myself to wake up and it was pretty easy to follow him since the stuff was basic. However, I didn't pre-read this lecture, so I wasn't as efficient as usual.

The next lecture was Carbohydrates, a topic I've done in my undergrad and something I had to know for the MCAT. We had approximately 10 mins before the next lecture. During those 10 mins, I pre-read the entire carbohydrate lecture! That's what happens when you know the topic already. I went through the whole lecture, highlighted what was needed and important. I could have technically walked out, but I stayed for the entire lecture. He spent more time on it than I did and ended up not finishing.

After that, I went back home just to find out that I have no electricity in my house. It was because the utility bill was not paid in advance. I went back to school and studied there instead. I have the money for the utility bill with me already, I just need to give it to the right person at the right time. I thought that time was the 8th of the month, but it is actually the 5th for utilities. Oh well.

Hahaha oops it seems like there was a short circuit in the house and all I needed to do was flip the circuit breaker. Electricity works again! (TIG)

I ended up waiting for 2 hours in the bus stop for my bus tonight (TIG).

My first exam is on Monday, an exam called Unified, 2 days after my birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment