Wednesday, September 8, 2010

29th day - Wednesday, the easy day

I talked with Joe today, our mechanic. He's the guy I have to pay the utilities too. It seemed that yesterday, the power WAS really cut from our house. He did something to the meter that reset it (something that is not allowed and if the electrical company found out, he'd be in trouble). Anyways, when my roomate came back, she flipped the circuit breaker AFTER Joe reset the meter and that's why it worked. That was risky, but very nice of Joe to do that. I gave Joe the bill in cash as in Grenada, any other way is very cumbersome. (TIG)

I also need to get a checkbook from my bank here. It will be another TIG process, but it needs to be done so I won't have to pay transaction fees in order to transfer money from my account to my landlord.

Today, our lecturer was late by 15 mins (Grenadian standard time). That's not as bad as Indian standard time, but indian standard time doesn't occur in school. It seems the prof. thought class started 2 hours later and he had to be called to come to the class. That's the mistake of the person who made his schedule. That person sent everyone an email apologizing for the mistake and that it will never happen again.

The lectures were easy. I went home after and stopped by at Charcoals along the way. It seems other than Subway and New York Bagels, Charcoals is the 3rd best place to eat on the island so far that I've encountered. There are probably other good restaurants in the island if you go to the main city, but they are very very expensive. Charcoals, as the name suggests, is good at grilling stuff, so their chicken and fish are great. I ordered a chicken sandwich and they didn't have the same bread this time. It was half the size of the one I used to order before. The lady even told me that their sandwich is going to be smaller, so I asked them if they could add something like fries to make it even. She added 3 dinner rolls instead. Those 3 dinner rolls were some of the best bread I've had, it was even better than the Italian bread in Houston, TX. The best part was, it was free and free food always tastes good!

No comments:

Post a Comment