Tuesday, September 21, 2010

42nd day - anatomy lab

I had an anatomy lab in the morning again. This time, there were two people from my FTM program that joined my group. As usual, I ended up naming everything and everyone else just watched. The FTM guys were whispering stuff like, "don't worry we'll get there someday". After the wet lab, I went to the dry lab, and then discussed some clinical cases, then we went again to another room to discuss more clinical cases and did a physical examination. Same stuff.

After 4 hours of that, I had 1 hour to eat. I went to the indian lady at the bus stop again, she had kadu (pumpkin) and daal, so I took those with rice and roti. It was a pretty good deal and filled me up. After that, I went to the library to pre-read what I could (not much considering the time left). Lecture started, the first part was all about the lumbar-sacral plexus. Basically, something you need to memorize by yourself. I memorized the brachial plexus the fast way in 5 mins. There's a fast way for this plexus too. The 2nd part of the lecture was embryology, which you also had to really learn on your own. The 3rd part was biochemistry and he was still on glycogenolysis and glycogenesis which I already did in FTM, so I ended up sleeping during class. I woke up when he got to the clinical conditions.

 I went home, used the fast way to learn lumbar-sacral plexus in 20 mins, even some stuff we haven't learned yet. It's really sad that most of the students will spend weeks memorizing it when there's a trick to learning it. Anatomy's all about tricks and mnemonics, nobody will spoonfeed you all those tricks, you have to be self-assertive to seek them.

1 comment:

  1. Hey just wondering for he physical exams do u perform them on local patients or on classmates...it's bit weird to do chest rectal exams on classmates that too first term

    ReplyDelete