Tuesday, August 31, 2010

21st day - bad day

Today was supposed to be a good day because of anatomy, however it wasn't. Like usual, I went in the morning to the anatomy lab. I was in a 4-person group in the wet lab identifying stuff on cadavers - simple, was able to identify everything. Next, it was dry lab, was able to answer all the clinical questions with ease. Next, was small group case studies. That was easy too, but we did get another uninterested teacher that just wanted to get it over with. After, this 4 hours passed, I had 1 hour to go before class started. I used that hour to eat lunch.

Lecture started with 2x anatomy, which was easy since I just had anatomy in the morning, all the clinical cases were easy to understand. Next, was something I wasn't expecting. We had 2x of biochem and the topic was transcription and post-transcription. I was completely caught up with biochem up to the translation, but because of the morning anatomy lab, I didn't have time to pre-read. I couldn't understand the lecture at all! That was the first time that has happened.

After the lecture, I was so angry with myself because that was a waste of a lecture. Normally, I pre-read, so the lecture is easy for me and it is easy for me to post-read. Oh well, I went back home with the intention of spending time on that lecture.

When I came back home, my roomate, Aalok, informed me that he is taking a "leave of absence" due to family problems. He said that he will start his Term 1 in January and still pay the rent for his room until then. He will not have to re-pay the tuition either and he has talked to the Dean and confirmed. He will be leaving on Friday! Wow! The only person that from the FTM program that I picked as a roomate is leaving! Great...Now not only am I living off campus isolated from the on-campus students, but my roomate is also gone. Oh well, 3 more months and I'm done. Time to focus!

The rest of the night, I spent studying transcription and finished. As I thought, it's not hard once you go through it yourself. Post-transcription is still left.

No comments:

Post a Comment