Sunday, August 15, 2010

5th day - last day of orientation

Today was convocation. It was a long, grueling, and boring 3 hour lecture about stuff I already knew. Afterwards, I got some lunch at school. Then, I sold two of my books for 110 EC, which was more than what I bought it for. Then, I went to withdraw some money from ATM and it worked!! I finally had enough to go shopping at IGA again. So I took a bus to IGA and bought the remaining cleaning and cosmetics that I needed b/c my other cosmetics had gotten mold on them.

I got them and went back to campus to store them in a locker b/c I had to stay at school for something else - footsteps buddy program. It's a program where you are assigned 1 upper termer to be your mentor. They sorted all the canadians in the same row. I didn't really need to ask anything from the upper termer other than how did she study for each course and if she got an A. She ended up being a party-motivator more so than a study-motivator. However, she ended up giving me her notes for free! Everyone who attended this footsteps buddy prog. got these tickets which were worth 25 ec and could be used at the bazaar.

Afterwards, I bought another book I needed. Now I only need two more books, and I should have all the books I need. I went to the bazaar after which is basically clubfest, where all the clubs display their info. and you can sign-up if you want. I signed up for Emergency medicine and surgery club. There was a dance team, but I really did not want to sign-up b/c I need to focus on studies. I have plenty of stuff to do already besides studying like going to the gym and also the beach. I then went to check out all the food they had at the bazaar. There was some indian food, but I didn't want to be disappointed, so I looked around some more. After checking everything, the chicken kebab w/ rice and cabbage rolls seemed to be the best option. I used all the tickets on it and I ended up getting 2 chicken kebab sticks. It was very good.

Later, it started raining, I went back to my locker, picked up the stuff I got from IGA and the books I got. Then, I boarded the LAX bus to go home. I cleaned up my entire room this time thoroughly including bathroom. I then took a shower. Only thing left to get is hangers to hang the rest of my clothes. I thought I'd cook maggi today for dinner, but there was no water. They turn off water when it rains (TIG). I ended up making oatmeal. I'll make-up for it by having a big breakfast.

No comments:

Post a Comment