Monday, August 30, 2010

DES - Department of Educational Services

In our university, we have a institution called DES that basically sets up little sessions for reviewing our courses. This is actually pretty useful and I used it last term in the FTM program. In McMaster, we had something similar called Tutorials, but tutorials were part of the course and were mandatory. Here, it's optional for some courses.

Most of the people who graduated from the FTM program, even people who got GPAs between 3.5-3.8 were placed into AEP (Academic Enhancement Program). For these people, it is mandatory to attend the DES session. Normally, whether you were placed in AEP or not was stated in the letter of admission and it wasn't for me. I guess I was omitted since I got 4.0. Yay.

I still plan to go the DES sessions though because it serves as a nice review.

No comments:

Post a Comment