Wednesday, August 18, 2010

8th day

I had an 8 am Histology lab today. It was more of an intro. lab. I woke up at 6:30 am and was able to do the daily routine. Then, I went outside to wait for the bus, but it was taking too long. So I walked to Texaco, the gas station where all bus routes intersect, it took me 10 mins to walk there. I got the bus and got to campus on time. I got my lab coat out of my locker and went to science hall. Unfortunately, the lab wasn't in science hall, but in taylor hall, so I had to walk to the other end of the campus.

I made it anyways. I picked a table and sat there. I had no idea that the table I picked was the group I would be stuck with for the rest of the term. I picked a good table anyhow and all the people were good. I did some histo already too, so I was the only one answering all the questions from the prof. again. I felt bad, but that's life, if you know it, you know it. We have to do presentations on the same stuff the prof. talked about next week. A student is selected at random from the group and asked to present the material. Another prof. will grade that student. I don't mind, I'm used to presentations and I know my stuff.

After that, I got breakfast and pre-read all of biochemistry. Apparently, I went ahead and read more than I needed too, but it didn't matter b/c I had already done all of that stuff before. It was just acids and bases, simple stuff with some clinical application in respiration, kidney failure, and liver disease. All stuff I've done before.

The lectures today were histo and biochem. Histo was first and we went through it pretty fast. Since I had the lab in the morning, the knowledge was still fresh in the head, so the lecture was easy. The biochem was also easy since I pre-read. Then I got some more food. Then, I wore my scrubs and went to the anatomy lab. There was a session going on for Term 1 students to give them tips in anatomy. I went, but I found out it was the same tips I've been using since year 4 of my undergrad.

Then, I went to the library and pre-read all of anatomy and went home at 11:25 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment