Wednesday, August 25, 2010

15th day - still no internet, but productive nonetheless

Today was quite a productive day. I was already ahead b/c I had pre-read for Histology and Biochemistry the previous day thinking those lectures were that day. Because of this, it only took me 30 mins to 1 hour to review 4 lectures. This gave me ample time to do some chores. I also had no lab in the morning, so perfect time to call Lime, the internet provider.

When, I called them, it took them a while, but they finally figured out that it was the modem itself that needed some programming. I told them this the first time they came that I couldn't even detect the router, but they told me it would work after they'd activate it. Obviously, that was wrong because a router is supposed to be able to broadcast a network with or without activation of the internet. They asked me to physically bring the router to them. So I walked all the way to the Lime store, it was around a 20 min. walk, but I didn't mind. In fact, the Lime store was next to Subway, which was what I was looking forward to.

Subway is the best food on the island. I've tried pretty much every restaurant far and wide that all the students have and also had indian food. Nothing beats subway though. The indian food is just not on par with it, maybe because they don't have good vegetables or rice available. Anyways, they fixed my router and I was able to connect to it and I had a subway sandwich afterwards.

I still had some time until class started, so I walked to a barber shop! This was the same barber shop I went to last time. I had even shown a picture of myself the first time I came in order for the barber to copy the haircut in the picture. I had left that picture accidentally and he still had it! The haircut was 30 ec, around $15 USD and he did a good job, so I gave him 35 ec.

After the haircut, I went to school where I still had 30 mins remaining, so I pre-read some more, actually I ended up pre-reading the lecture for tomorrow also. When class started, everything was a breeze as usual. Histology is getting more tricky though, it seems to be the most challenging subject for me as I previously stated. I just need practice though and I should have it in a snap.

After class, I went to the grocery store and bought some milk (I was out). They unfortunately, only had skim milk, so I bought a gallon of that. I took a bus back to campus, then from campus, I took another bus back home. When I got home, the first thing I tired was connecting to the internet. As expected, I could connect to the router, but the internet was still not working because there was no response from the DNS server.

Oh well, another TIG, I will have to call Lime again tomorrow, the 3rd time is a charm.

No comments:

Post a Comment