Friday, August 27, 2010

17th day - 2nd week is over!

It's a friday today. I actually went to the anatomy wet lab in the morning. I went over some stuff in the arm and back, but I felt like I needed to do some more studying. A professor did arrive eventually to guide the students. His name was Dr. Brahman (Dr. B) and he asked a simple question, "What muscles do the axillary n. innervate?" I said the teres minor, deltoid, and the long head of the triceps. He said the long head of the triceps is innervated by the radial nerve and not the axillary nerve. I didn't say anything back, but actually in almost all the books and resources online, it says that the long head of the triceps is innervated by the radial nerve AND the axillary nerve. He also asked another question, what muscle causes aDduction of the arm? I said pectoralis major (right of his notes) and he said wrong, the answer is pectoralis minor. I didn't say anything again, but pec. minor is responsible for depression of the scapula and aBduction of the arm which was evident based on the direction of the muscle fibers.

I didn't stay for too long as I had to pre-read 4 lectures in 2.5 hours. I ended up succeeding as the lectures were still basic. After the 4 hours of lecture, I went to the library, finished my ethics assignment, and read some of my favorite subject - Anatomy.

It's a Friday and I might go out or I might just stay and study like usual. I ended up studying 10 lectures of anatomy in 4 hours. Those are all the lectures we've done so far, so I'm done yay.

No comments:

Post a Comment