Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Variety in Engineering across the world

So I've met a Nuclear Engineer from MIT (she's in my group) and a Biomedical Engineer from John Hopkins. Apparently, John Hopkins has the highest ranking program for Biomedical Engineering (BME). I asked both of these guys what they think of SGU so far. The MIT girl said it is much easier (first person to agree with me). She's very smart and thinks through her case studies instead of memorizing treatments. The JHU guy says that it's a lot different for him and that anatomy is very hard. This was very surprising for me. It seems that the BME program in JHU does not include anatomy.

Another BME from Duke University and another one from Boston University. Both are finding med school difficult at the moment.

So I guess, no matter, what university, there's not much difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment