Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Packing to Grenada

Today, I'm starting a new blog. It will be dedicated to my experience in Grenada.  As some of you may know, that is where St. George's University is located, a medical school. The island is located in the Caribbean, which is above south america and below Florida. I am currently in Toronto, Canada. I have had a hell of a summer and now it's time for the pay-back.

I am packing two suitcases, mostly clothes and some cooking ware. First of all, it's immensely hot in Grenada, average temperature is 86 degrees F. Second of all, I will be going for the Fall session, which is the wet season in Grenada. What does that mean? It means flooding, bugs, dirty roads, and a lot of rain. I'm packing light b/c I don't want to exceed the weight limit at the airport. Most of the other things I can buy in Grenada was pretty much the same price (some cheaper). I'm not packing any books because I can buy them in Grenada. I have some of my music books, mainly because I plan on buying a guitar there. That is, if I can find one, if not, then no harm done.

My flight is tomorrow morning - a direct one to Grenada via Air Transat. Today, I will enjoy my last good real meal until I'm back (homemade style). I'll pack some food so when I arrive in the afternoon, I got my lunch set.

That's all for now. I will update tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment