Saturday, August 21, 2010

11th day - CPR certiified

I got my CPR certification today. They made us watch a video and then do CPR on a partner. I got to kiss a girl. Just kidding, we had dummies in which we inserted a pipe through and blew through that. I know CPR now for adults, babies, and also choking.

Afterwards, I started my bioethics assignment, which surprisingly, I enjoyed. The article was one of the most logical articles I've read concerning health-care anyways. Here's the article if anyone wants to read:
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2009/06/01/090601fa_fact_gawande

The main point of the article was that most doctors care more about maximizing profit by telling patients to do more tests and/or through privatization than optimal care for the patient. By doing this, the costs of medical care skyrockets. There are, however, physicians in the world who will only do tests that are necessary for the patient and compromise that extra profit. Are more doctors turning into entrepreneurs? Can a physician be good without a reward? Can a physician be evil to get a reward? These are the questions you must ask.

No comments:

Post a Comment