Friday, August 13, 2010

3rd day

I woke up, had oatmeal, and took a shower. Today's goal was to get internet. I was waiting at the bus stop for a ride, but a arts and science prof. conveniently gave us a ride to campus. When I got there, I registered for off-campus housing. I also went to the Chancellor's office to get a letter giving us permission to get internet off-campus (TIG). Then, I went to LIME, which is the cable & wireless company in Grenada. We gave them a 500 EC deposit and they said it was going to take 4 business days!! I told them that we already have the modem and the router and all they had to do was activate it. Yet, they still said 4 business days is priority and 7 days is normal (TIG).

Afterwards, I went to a 45-min lecture about studying skills. It was very boring and most of it was common sense. The good thing was that since I went to this 45-min. lecture, I was exempt from attending the 3-hour lecture later in the afternoon. This choice was only given to CFP/FTM students who had previously been to Grenada. I got to meet some old friends, but half of them went to England, so not many were there.

Then I went to a place called Sugar Shack to have a sandwich for lunch. Since I had no internet at home, I was stuck at school for a while. I also had no money, so I couldn't go to IGA again b/c Grenada has not processed the bank transfer yet (TIG). So I went to the library for a while to chill. It started raining heavily outside. Meanwhile, I got to catch up with some emails, news, etc. I went to the housing office again. This time I had to complete my OSAP application stuff. Since it was raining, some of my documents got wet, but all I needed was a void check, so it was ok.

After the rain, I went back home and took an afternoon nap. I woke up and thought why not cook daal chawal today. Then I realized that I have no masala danis in my bags. I just went to school then, got a sandwich and then went to the library again. Then I went to the library and stayed there for a long time before I went back home again since I had no internet.

No comments:

Post a Comment