Saturday, October 30, 2010

86th to 91th days Just missed a Tropical Storm

After the 4-day weekend, I was a little behind. I didn't use my 4-day weekend to my advantage. Instead of being ahead, I got a bit behind. So to catch-up, I had to sacrifice 2 days of pre-reading and some hours of sleep. By Friday, I was fully caught up and ready to go. Normally people use the weekend to catch up, I plan to use the weekend to review.

On a side note, after I came out of class on Friday, there was a bit of panic from students. Apparently, SGU sent everyone an email giving a warning about a Tropical Storm will hit Grenada. I didn't even know about it until someone told me. Then, I checked online, and we would be hit by the corner of a TS called Tomas. The email also said they'd be shutting the water off and most likely the electricity won't work either. So everyone was buying water bottles like crazy and flashlights. I refilled my 1 water bottle. In my house, we have 2 water tanks, that's only for us, so there's no problems. As for the electricity, can't do anything about that, will have to study using paper notes. I had a flashlight from Canada, but it had no batteries. All the stores, including the grocery store were already closed by the time I finished class, so there was nothing more I could do. My cellphone would be my flashlight as it already is when I come back late in the night.

So the storm was supposed to hit us Today (saturday) at 2 pm. It's 12:17 pm right now and the latest storm tracking says that it will miss us completely. It's not even raining here, bright and sunny day. So all that panic for nothing. Good thing I didn't panic.

No comments:

Post a Comment