Friday, November 5, 2010

92 to 97th days - Diwali in GND=Studying

I'm doing 1 post per week now. Nothing exciting has really happened. A professor from Northumbria University (Europe) came by to teach us some biochemistry lectures. The guy was pretty intense and put structures for every single molecule on his slide. Thankfully, after going through his lectures on my own, I drew the reactions and pretty much compressed his 33 slides into 2 pages. In Anatomy, we started the head. It seems simple in theory, but hard to memorize and not get confused with nerves, arteries, lymphatics, veins, etc. Plus, you have to remember the previous associations. That's why I'm making my own "laundry list" to keep track of everything in a very organized way. It only takes me around 3 hours to look at my laundry list and memorize the whole thing.

The laundry lists I should say, one for each - biochem, histology, and anatomy are getting longer each day. They serve as somewhat as my external hard drive. Eventually, they will be part of my hard drive and not RAM.

Oh, and I almost forgot - HAPPY DIWALI!! There were some people who were selling some mithai here, but I think I missed it. Oh well, I plan to go to India and party there with the patake and the mithai. There is also a ICSA show on Saturday. Don't ask me what it stands for, all I know is the first letter is Indian. It's pretty much a dance show where students try to dance. It's great, but unless I'm done with all the Gray's Review+Physical Examination+Review Biochem+Review Anatomy+Review Histo, I very highly doubt that I will go to this show.

Not only that, I already saw the show last term, it's no big deal. Just another compromise you gotta make in the road to success.

So it's a Friday night and I plan to eat 4 pancakes+questions from Gray's Review. Then, finally, relax and watch some shows and eat some dinner at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment