Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I can hear again!

I went to the clinic today and they used the syringe to clean my ears. I didn't put any ear drops the day before nor in the morning. She even said that it didn't matter. Man o man, as soon as she did it on my right ear, the world changed. I could hear the sound of footsteps, clothing, the air, etc. In a way, I had a temporary hyperacusis. I had to re-adjust the filters and dampeners in my ear in order to focus on the sounds that matter. I didn't even feel dizzy after the procedure. Normally, you do since the fluid enters the semicircular canals in the inner ear which are responsible for balance. She said that my right ear had so much mucus that it may even have more that is deeper. Now, it makes sense to use the ear drops to loosen the mucus in the deeper areas. I am going again Friday for the last one.


I had an appointment today with an anatomy professor and we went through all the structures of the head and neck. Now, this time I could hear, so I was able to answer all of his questions.

1 comment:

  1. Actually, maybe it was a bit better being midly deaf so I wouldn't have to hear my roomate singing and talking for an hour.

    ReplyDelete