Thursday, October 21, 2010

69th to 81th days

Nothing much has been going on. The lectures are continuing as normal. The past 2 weeks, I have not had any anatomy labs, which is a good thing and bad thing. It's good because I don't have to wake up at 6:30 am, change into my scrubs and go to the lab for 4 hours and then class. It's bad because I'm not getting as much practice.

We did have a special lab this week that involved examining a robot patient. From a BME's point-of-view, this was great. Though when I got there, it was just a dummy that has been programmed to say yes or no, most of the visceral structures can't be seen and there's a microphone inside that simulates the heart beat, breathing, etc. I thought the design would be a little bit more complicated, but what can you do. I think there are some universities with a very complex robot body that can mimic some symptoms.

It's also a 4-day weekend because Friday and Monday is a holiday. What are my plans? Study and study. Ok, I do have an island tour planned on Sunday, but I can cancel that if I really need to. Though, I'm pretty much ahead in all subjects, but I need to continue reviewing so that everything sticks in my head!

No comments:

Post a Comment